Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My boss' wife made these for an all day meeting we had, they were really good, and healthy! So I asked for the recipe. I love them! Raisins can be optional!
- Mix 1 cup wheat bran with 1 cup boiling water; stir and let water absorb into bran. (This would be a good time to throw in some raisins and let them soften).
- In a separate bowl, blend sugar and butter.
- Measure and combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Combine the moist bran with beaten eggs, the remaining 2 cups of bran, buttermilk, blended sugar-butter mixture, and flour, soda and salt mixture. Stir until well blended.
- Place in the refigerator for future use, or bake at once.
- When preparing to bake, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir batter well and spoon into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Keep remaining mixture in airtight container for 2-4 weeks.