Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A big batch of muffin batter made from cereal, keeps in the fridge for weeks and you scoop out what you need to eat each time.
- 1 cup Crisco or 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 lb seedless raisin (optional)
- 1 (1 lb) boxnabisco 100% bran
- 5 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix crisco (or oil), sugar, buttermilk, eggs, half the cereal, and the raisins (if included) together.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt and water. Mix thorougly.
- Once mixes, never stir again.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins; bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Unused batter can be stored in fridge for long periods.