Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty way to get your fibre! I eat these right out of the oven, and warm up the leftovers when I need a snack. So yummy with a little pat of butter on them. Makes up part of a fast on the go breakfast too. If you prefer, you can also add 1/2 cup raisins, chopped walnuts, or chocolate chips to the batter.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Celsius.
- Cream together brown sugar, butter/margarine and egg.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into muffin cups (with or without cupcake liners) until 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
this is perfect for my grandma
I wanted an easy Bran Muffin recipe that didn't have ingredients I would have to go out and buy especially. This recipe was easy and very yummy which earns it 5 stars from me. I used oat bran and wholemeal flour for this recipe. My kids loved them! They were light and keep well. I doubled the recipe very successfully. This one is going to be a regular in my house. Thanks C & D's Mommy!