Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Best tasting bran muffin I've ever Had
Make and share this Bran Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup buttermilk, plus
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran
- Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour through nutmeg in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter in large bowl of electric mixer or with handheld mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, increase speed to medium-high, and beat until combined and fluffy, about 1 minute longer.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly before adding the next.
- Beat in vanilla, molasses, and sour cream until thoroughly combined and creamy, about 1 minute longer.
- Reduce speed to low; beat in buttermilk and half the flour mixture until combined, about 1 minute.
- Beat in remaining flour mixture until incorporated and slightly curdled looking, about 1 minute longer, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Stir in bran and raisins.
- Spray a twelve mold muffin tin (each mold measuring 1/2 cup) or a six mold muffin tin (each mold measuring one cup) with cooking spray or coat lightly with butter; divide batter evenly among molds using spoon or ice cream scoop.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into center withdraws cleanly or with a few moist particles adhering to it, about 25 minutes.
- Set on wire rack to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins from tin and serve warm.