Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Crunchy, sweet and good for you! These muffins make a great breakfast. They freeze well, making for a fast snack.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups unprocessed wheat bran
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup millet
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine milk and vinegar, set aside.
- Finely chop cranberries, apricots and walnuts and place in a large bowl. Add Flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, sugars, wheat bran, and millet. Toss to coat fruit.
- Add eggs and butter to the milk mixture.
- Pour egg mixture into flour, do not overmix.
- Scoop into muffin pans that have been sprayed with pam.
- Bake 20-25 minute.