Recipe by jamesj3k
A hearty muffin recipe from the back of Bob's Red Mill Ground Flax Seed. I have modified the recipe to remove the nuts and raisins, but feel free to add them back in. You can add up to 2 cups of almost anything moderately dry without altering the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots (shredded)
- 2 apples (shredded)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, flaxseed meal, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in carrots, apples, raisins and nuts (if desired).
- Combine milk, beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until ingredients are moistened. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.