Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Fiber doesn't have to taste like cardboard and tree bark!!! This is a great recipe to let younger chefs help with!
- 4 large chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 3 cups bran flakes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (optional)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- Rinse & pat chicken dry (with paper towel). Preheat oven to 400F and, using Becel spray, lightly grease cookie sheet. Cut each chicken breast into 5 strip's and set aside on plate/cutting board.
- In a food processor pulse bran flakes until partly crumbled, then add parm and seasonings. Grind the mix until it resembles fine bread crumbs. (fyi: you can add more or less seasonings depending on your preference!).
- Dump crumb mix into the Zippy bag and set aside. In a bowl lightly beat together the egg whites and milk, just until blended (should not get to frothy stage).
- Next, dunk all chicken pieces into egg/milk bath then drop into bag of crumbs. Seal the bag tight and shake, shake, shake till the chicken pieces are coated in crumb mix. Arrange on cookie sheet and bake in oven 10 min's, flip pieces and bake another 5-8 min's.
- Serve with fav. dipping sauce or eat "as is" -- Enjoy!