1/1 Photo of Bran Date Bread
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached flour, Sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or 3/4 cup sour milk
- 1 cup pitted dates, Finely Chopped
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, Grated (ZestOnly)
- 2 large eggs, Beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1Sift dry ingredients together.
- 2Dust dates with 1 T flour mixture, then add to the bowl.
- 3Then add the brown sugar, all bran, and grated lemon peel.
- 4Combine 3/4 cu buttermilk, 2 beaten eggs, 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
- 5Add all once to flour mixture with the sourdough starter, stirring until well moistened.
- 6Pour into greased or waxpaper lined loaf pan about 9 x 5-inches.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- 8Allow to stand 10 minutes in pan and then remove from pan and cool until cold.
- 9Wrap in plastic wrap or foil and place in Refrigerator.
- 10Use cream cheese or home made butter on this bread for an out of this world taste.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bran Date Bread
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 284.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: