Recipe by Young Structural
A really nice alternative to the high-fat lard containing pastry that seems to be the staple of our modern world.... Not light, but really quite tasty.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the bran and flour together in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the margarine and cut in, until the mixture resenbles coarse oatmeal.
- Add the milk and stir until all ingredients are moistened.
- Do not over stir!
- Press the crumbly mixture evenly around the sides and bottom of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Prick the bottom and sides with a fork.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Bear in mind that this crust will be cooked again when you have filled it, although it does not need to be.
- Cool your crust before filling.