Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a variation on my Only Bran Pancakes (#190871). It's not as strict on the diet, but still doesn't use any flour, and much more fluffy and buttery! I used a half oat and half wheat bran mixture. (Prep time is only to prepare the batter.)
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1⁄2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2-1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Mix together bran, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small pot, heat together milk and butter until hot (not boiling).
- Stir in hot milk to bran mixture, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add egg to bran mixture, and mix until well blended.
- Stir in buttermilk until the batter reaches desired consistency.
- Cook pancakes!