Prep 3 hrs
Cook 40 mins
This bread is a healthy one since its a small step toward changing the way we eat normal refined flour bread. Its Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's from the Young Times magazine. Enjoy!
- 100 g crushed wheat bran
- 450 g whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons refined flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic flakes
- egg yolk, to glaze
- Soak the crushed wheat overnight in water.
- Sift whole wheat flour and refined flour together in a bowl and make a well in the center.
- Cream yeast and sugar with 1/4 cup of warm water. Pour this in the well.
- Sprinkle some flour and leave it in a warm place until frothy.
- Mix in the soaked, crushed wheat and all the remaining ingredients, except garlic flakes and egg yolk.
- Knead into a smooth dough.
- Keep in a warm place until the mixture doubles in size.
- Knead well to punch out the air and divide into half and shape into loaves.
- Place the loaves in a greased baking pan/tin.
- Leave them to rise for 40 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- Brush the loaves with egg yolk, sprinkle garlic flakes and bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 40 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool completely.
- Slice and serve.