Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Healthy muffins, just a little sweet!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (without gelatin)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside. (You can prepare jars of those dry ingredients in advance to save time).
- In another bowl, mix cereals, oatmeal, milk, yogourt, apple sauce, vanilla and molasses. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat a regular pan of 12 muffins with cooking spray.
- Make a hole in the center of the cereal preparation where you can beat your 2 eggs. Mix them with the preparation. Add the oil, the chocolate and the walnuts. Mix until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well. The batter should be thick.
- Drop by big spoonfulls into the muffin pan. Bake 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.