Recipe by Sherrie-pie
It is blackberry season! The legend says you can pick your blackberries until 21st September. After that the devil spits on them. This particular recipe uses custard and is from Prima Magazine. The time to make doesn't include the cooling down period.
- 375 g blackberries
- 25 -50 g caster sugar, depending on tartness of berries
- 284 ml double cream
- 300 ml pint ready-to-serve custard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan add the blackberries with 2 tablspoons of cold water and sugar. Heat gently until sugar has dissolved, then bubble for 5 minutes, till fruit has softened and juices are running.
- Leave to cool.
- Pass through a strainer to remove the pips.
- Whip cream till soft peaks form, then stir in custard. Fold in berries gently, so it is slightly marbled.
- Spoon into serving dishes and chill till ready to eat.