This was on the Foodnetwork website. Great way to make cabbage taste good. I've substituted chicken stock for the wine. If you use salted butter, don't add as much salt.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut cabbage into quarters, remove core and shred finely.
- Put wine and bay leaves in a heavy large saucepan. Bring to boil, reducing by half. Add cabbage, salt and pepper, cover with the tightfitting lid and transfer to oven.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, stirring down after 15, take out when cabbage is limp and has a few little browned bits stuck to the side.
- Cut the butter and stir into cabbage. Check and adjust seasoning-removing bay leaves.
- Can be reheated in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Very easy side dish. Since I love cabbage, this was a no-brainer. This is the first time I used bay leaf, and enjoyed it tremendously. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Kyle. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0