1/1 Photo of Braised White Cabbage
Kyle Newton's Note:
This was on the Foodnetwork website. Great way to make cabbage taste good. I've substituted chicken stock for the wine. If you use salted butter, don't add as much salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Cut cabbage into quarters, remove core and shred finely.
- 3Put wine and bay leaves in a heavy large saucepan. Bring to boil, reducing by half. Add cabbage, salt and pepper, cover with the tightfitting lid and transfer to oven.
- 4Bake 30-35 minutes, stirring down after 15, take out when cabbage is limp and has a few little browned bits stuck to the side.
- 5Cut the butter and stir into cabbage. Check and adjust seasoning-removing bay leaves.
- 6Can be reheated in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised White Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.4
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 729.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g