Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a Greek dish and is really delicious as a side dish or as a vegetarian main course. If you don't have all of the vegetables required on hand, you can omit the ones you don't have. The main vegetables are the potatoes and tomatoes. This version comes from the Australian Women's Weekly Easy Greek-Style Cookery.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 5 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, quartered
- 3⁄4 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 lb okra
- 1⁄2 lb green beans
- 1⁄2 medium cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in pan, add onions and garlic.
- Cook covered over low heat, stirring occasionally until onions are very soft.
- Add tomatoes to pan, simmer covered about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add potatoes, puree, water, okra and beans.
- Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add cauliflower.
- Simmer covered until potatoes and cauliflower are tender.
- Stir in parsley, sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir until heated through.