1 hr 15 mins
This is a Greek dish and is really delicious as a side dish or as a vegetarian main course. If you don't have all of the vegetables required on hand, you can omit the ones you don't have. The main vegetables are the potatoes and tomatoes. This version comes from the Australian Women's Weekly Easy Greek-Style Cookery.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in pan, add onions and garlic.
- 2Cook covered over low heat, stirring occasionally until onions are very soft.
- 3Add tomatoes to pan, simmer covered about 10 minutes or until soft.
- 4Add potatoes, puree, water, okra and beans.
- 5Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- 6Add cauliflower.
- 7Simmer covered until potatoes and cauliflower are tender.
- 8Stir in parsley, sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Stir until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Vegetables (Yachni)
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.9
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 43.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g