Recipe by Chef Judy
I love this recipe and have made it many times. I'm not sure where it came from but it has a heavenly Italian flavour and is very easy to prepare. I have made it for company and have had rave reviews.
Top Review by Paka
I cannot believe that it took me this long to find this recipe! I had lots of red, orange and yellow peppers in the fridge that needed to be used soon and vidalia onions. I grew the large leaf basil this year and added strips to the top before sprinkling the cheese. Not only was it delicious but very beautiful. Thanks for a great recipe. P.S. It's also good cold!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 small onion, diced large
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup of coarsely grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium size skillet saute the peppers and onion in the oil over medium heat for 4- 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the peppers and onion to an ovenproof casserole dish and sprinkle with the garlic.
- Pour tomato sauce over and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Place the casserole dish, uncovered, in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- This is lovely served with grilled steak.