Braised Steak, Indonesian Style
- Cut meat into bite-sized pieces. Mix flour, salt and pepper together until well blended; rub mixture into all sides of the meat.
- In a deep skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot. Add meat and cook, turning, until well browned on both sides, 8-10 minutes.
- Add 1 can of broth, ginger, curry powder, onion and chutney; mix well. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 1 ½ hours.
- Sir in remaining can of broth and rice, mixing well. Heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Stir in vegetables. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes.