Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is adapted from 365 One Dish Meals. Posting for ZWT. OAMC.
- 3 lbs boneless round steak or 3 lbs chuck steaks
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice
- 1 (16 ounce) package mixed vegetables
- Cut meat into bite-sized pieces. Mix flour, salt and pepper together until well blended; rub mixture into all sides of the meat.
- In a deep skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot. Add meat and cook, turning, until well browned on both sides, 8-10 minutes.
- Add 1 can of broth, ginger, curry powder, onion and chutney; mix well. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 1 ½ hours.
- Sir in remaining can of broth and rice, mixing well. Heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Stir in vegetables. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes.