1/1 Photo of Braised Spiced Beets
1 hr 30 mins
Diann is Cooking's Note:
This one came from the New York Times, January 17th, 1999. I'm not sure what unit a "bunch" is, but hey, try for a couple or three in a bunch. You can use chicken stock instead of the vegetable stock.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub beets and cut stems down to hardly there. Place in cooking pot, cover with water, and simmer until nearly tender (approximately 20 minutes). Remove from water, peel and quarter them.
- 2Heat butter in sturdy saucepan or skillet with lid. When melted, add beets and cook at medium for five minutes, tossing frequently so as to coat the beets with the butter.
- 3Add peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon.
- 4Add in sugar, stock, and salt to taste.
- 5Cook on low heat for approximately 15 more minutes, or until beets are tender, mixing occasionally.
- 6You can serve now, or reheat for later.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Spiced Beets
Serving Size: 1 (7 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 34.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: