1/2 Photos of Braised Spatchcocks With Spinach
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is another recipe I have made recently which is lower in carbs than your average dish. It has a great end result and is not too time consuming with most of it being the cooking time. If you want to add some substantial carbs to this dish you could serve this with mash potato or potato of your choice. I love the versatility of spatchcocks, in the fact that you can enjoy a chicken dish without having the time of roasting a whole one. My son and hubby hate having to cut the meat from the bone themselves, but it is not that hard or fiddly. I think it comes down to a little laziness, as my son can not even be bothered with chicken legs as they even annoy him. He eats them and wings when I serve them but I know what his choice would be if I gave it to him. This dish has approximately 8g Carbs per serving and about 58g protein it contains 30g total fat with approx 9.5 of them being saturated fats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (450 -600 g) spatchcock
- 1 medium leek, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 brown onion, chopped finely
- 8 slices bacon, rashers chopped finely
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 3 bay leaves
- 350 g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 500 g Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1Cut spatchcocks in half, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- 2Cook spatchcocks, in batches, in a large slightly oiled fry pan, until browned on both sides (I brown skin side really good.) remove from pan and set to one side.
- 3Add leek, garlic, onion and bacon to pan, cook, stirring about 5-7 minutes, until leek softens, Add wine, water, stock and bay leaves, bring to the boil.
- 4Return spatchcocks to the pan with any juices, reduce heat to a simmer, cook covered about 20 minutes, discard bay leaves.
- 5Add sprouts, simmer, uncovered a further 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in spinach and mint, cook until spinach just wilts.
- 6Serve spatchcocks with sprout and spinach mix and our over a little juice from pan.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Spatchcocks With Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (862 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1187.0
- Calories from Fat 685
- Total Fat 76.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 348.6 mg
- Sodium 1155.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 92.9 g