Recipe by SCOOTAMON
Love ribs in alot of different ways. This prep is easy and fast. This recipe comes from a well worn copy of Gloria Bley Miller's THE THOUSAND RECIPE CHINESE COOKBOOK.
- 2 lbs pork spareribs
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut ribs apart; then with a cleaver, chop each, bone and all, in 2 inch sections. Add soy sauce and toss. Let stand 45 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain, discarding sauce.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Combine juice with sugar, vinegar and water.
- Heat oil in heavy pan or wok. Add ribs and stir-fry to brown (3 to 4 minutes).
- Stir in flour, then pineapple juice mixture. Heat quickly, then simmer, covered, until ribs are tender (about 45 minutes).
- Add salt and canned pineapple chunks, stirring in gently only to heat through.
- Meanwhile blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste, then stir in to thicken. Serve hot.