Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I clipped this from the paper and tweeked it to suit my family's tastes. My DH is a real meat lover and this is a favorite of his.
- Be sure all visible fat is trimmed off the meat.
- Brown on all sides in a large heavy skillet.
- Add consomme, wine (or cranberry cocktail), soy sauce, garlic and onion powder.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- Blend cornstarch and water and stir gradually into the stew.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens and boils.
- Cook 1 minute more.
- Serve over rice.
Delicious, easy dinner. I added some thyme to the mix. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
2 Tbls of soy made this a bit too salty. If I make this again, I'll use just 1 Tbls at first and add more at the end if I think it needs it.
The same recipe I have made for a long time! I use beef broth and whatever red wine I have open, and have recently added mushrooms and onions. LOOOOVVVEEE It! a real family pleaser.