3 hrs 15 mins
A complete meal in one pot. Although it looks complicated, it is quite simple. Meat and vegetables are tender and delicious. Serve with salad and hearty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Season ribs with rosemary. salt and pepper by rubbing them into the meat of the ribs. Lightly coat each side of ribs with flour, shaking off any excess.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large deep ovenproof skillet or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the ribs and cook about 2 minutes on all sides. Transfer the ribs to a plate.
- 4Add shallots, carrots, and parsnips to the same skillet and cook about 5 minutes until tender and brown.
- 5With the vegetables still in the pan, deglaze the skillet by adding the port and cooking over medium high heat 10 to 12 minutes until the liquid is reduced by half.
- 6Add the broth and tomato paste and stir to mix thoroughly. Remove from heat.
- 7Return the ribs to the skillet, cover and cook in the oven for 2 1/2 hours, until the meat is fork tender and falling off the bone. Turn ribs several times during the cooking process.
- 8Transfer the ribs and vegetables to a plate. Place the skillet over medium high heat and boil to reduce the liquid by about two thirds. The liquid will become thick.
- 9Spoon liquid over meat and vegetables.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Short Ribs With Root Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1128.0
- Calories from Fat 803
- Total Fat 89.2 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 172.3 mg
- Sodium 492.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 35.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: