4 hrs 45 mins
4 hrs 30 mins
Although this may seem like a lengthy process, all of the work is done in advance. The end result is delicious comfort food. I serve garlic mashed potatoes and whatever vege is fresh at the time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500^F.
- 2Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- 3Generously season ribs and arrange in a single layer on baking sheet.
- 4Roast until brown, about 25 minutes.
- 5Reduce temperature to 325^F.
- 6Place ribs in a large heavy oven-proof pot.
- 7Add tomatoes with juice, and next 8 ingredients.
- 8Add wine and enough water to cover.
- 9Tightly cover pot and cook in oven until meat is very tender, about 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- 10Cool and refrigerate overnight.
- 11Remove any fat from surface and transfer ribs to a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- 12Strain liquid and return ot pot.
- 13Boil until liquid has reduced to 1 cup, skimming any foam that appears, about 50 minutes.
- 14Season to taste.
- 15Preheat oven to 325^F.
- 16Pour sauce over ribs.
- 17Cover pan with foil and bake until ribs are heated through, about 25 minutes.
- 18Transfer ribs to a serving platter and spoon sauce over.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Short Ribs with Red Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1542.6
- Calories from Fat 1057
- Total Fat 117.5 g
- Saturated Fat 50.9 g
- Cholesterol 244.9 mg
- Sodium 730.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 50.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: