1/1 Photo of Braised Short Ribs With Dijon Mustard
3 hrs 45 mins
Grace Lynn's Note:
This recipe is from Epicurious adapted from Daniel Boulud's Cafe Boulud Cookbook. I've made this 6 times already because my guests keep requesting this dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil wine in a 2-quart heavy saucepan until reduced to about 1 cup.
- 2While wine is reducing, pat ribs dry and cut crosswise into 1-rib pieces (each about 2 1/2 inches long).
- 3Season well with salt and pepper.
- 4Heat a dry 5-quart heavy pot over moderately high heat until hot, then brown ribs well in 3 batches on all sides, about 8 minutes for each batch.
- 5Transfer browned ribs with tongs to a bowl.
- 6Reduce heat to moderate and brown shallots well in fat remaining in pot, stirring.
- 7Transfer with a slotted spoon to another bowl.
- 8Stir wine and mustard into juices in pot.
- 9Add ribs and simmer, covered, 1 3/4 hours.
- 10Gently stir in shallots and tomatoes and continue to simmer, covered, without stirring, until meat is very tender, about 40 minutes.
- 11Carefully transfer ribs, shallots, and tomatoes to a platter and skim off any fat from cooking liquid.
- 12Season sauce with salt, pepper, and mustard to taste and pour over ribs.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Short Ribs With Dijon Mustard
Serving Size: 1 (843 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2020.1
- Calories from Fat 1485
- Total Fat 165.0 g
- Saturated Fat 71.5 g
- Cholesterol 344.7 mg
- Sodium 370.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 68.0 g