1/1 Photo of Braised Short Ribs With Dijon Mustard
3 hrs 45 mins
Grace Lynn's Note:
This recipe is from Epicurious adapted from Daniel Boulud's Cafe Boulud Cookbook. I've made this 6 times already because my guests keep requesting this dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil wine in a 2-quart heavy saucepan until reduced to about 1 cup.
- 2While wine is reducing, pat ribs dry and cut crosswise into 1-rib pieces (each about 2 1/2 inches long).
- 3Season well with salt and pepper.
- 4Heat a dry 5-quart heavy pot over moderately high heat until hot, then brown ribs well in 3 batches on all sides, about 8 minutes for each batch.
- 5Transfer browned ribs with tongs to a bowl.
- 6Reduce heat to moderate and brown shallots well in fat remaining in pot, stirring.
- 7Transfer with a slotted spoon to another bowl.
- 8Stir wine and mustard into juices in pot.
- 9Add ribs and simmer, covered, 1 3/4 hours.
- 10Gently stir in shallots and tomatoes and continue to simmer, covered, without stirring, until meat is very tender, about 40 minutes.
- 11Carefully transfer ribs, shallots, and tomatoes to a platter and skim off any fat from cooking liquid.
- 12Season sauce with salt, pepper, and mustard to taste and pour over ribs.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Short Ribs With Dijon Mustard
Serving Size: 1 (843 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2020.1
- Calories from Fat 1485
- Total Fat 165.0 g
- Saturated Fat 71.5 g
- Cholesterol 344.7 mg
- Sodium 370.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 68.0 g