Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe is in the October 2008 issue of Bon Appetit and is absolutely delicious. It is very easy to make but looks and tastes like you spent hours on it.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs beef short ribs, 3 -inch-long
- kosher salt, coarse
- 2 cups red wine, dry
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) package button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 6 italian parsley sprigs, fresh
- 2 bay leaves
- crusty bread
- Sprinkle ribs with coarse salt and pepper.
- Place in even layer in slow cooker. Add next 7 ingredients, cover, and cook on low heat until meat is tender, about 8 hours.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer ribs to serving bowl. Discard parsley and bay leaves. Spoon fat off top of sauce and pour sauce over ribs. Serve with bread.
I followed this recipe with only one small exception in that I used sliced baby portabella mushrooms because that's what I had on hand. Absolutely delicious! I also reduced the sauce by half after removing the excess fat and served over rice with sauteed squash and zuchinni. I will definitely make this again. It cant get any easier and is full of flavor! Thanks for the recipe!