Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is comfort food at it's finest! Great for those cold, windy evenings when you have time to spare. Light the fireplace and (and the oven, LOL)get this recipe going. Pour yourself a glass of wine, throw a salad together, and enjoy your evening!
- 3 lbs beef short ribs, bone-in, well trimmed of fat and cut into 3-inch lengths
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup tart dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle ribs with 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium- high heat. Brown ribs on all sides.Set the ribs aside; discard drippings in pot. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onions, carrots and garlic and cook until almost softened, 10 minutes.
- Return ribs to pot. Add broth, cherries, wine, thyme, bay leaf and remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil and cover pot. Transfer to oven and bake ribs 2 hours, or until very tender and meat falls of the bone.
- Transfer ribs to a large, deep serving platter and cover. Skim fat; discard bay leaf.
- and any bones that may have fallen off. If sauce is too thin, bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes to reduce slightly(you should have about 2 1/2 cups). Whisk in mustard and horseradish. Pour sauce over ribs.