Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Veganomicon. Serve over mashed potatoes, pasta, rice or polenta.
Make and share this Braised Seitan With Brussels, Kale and Sun-Dried Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups seitan, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 lb Brussels sprout, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- Preheat a large pan over medium-high heat. Saute the shallots and seitan in 2 T olive oil for about 7 minutes, until they have both browned. Add the Brussels sprouts and saute for 3 more minutes, adding a little extra olive oil if need be. Add the garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper, and saute for another minute. Mix in the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add the vegetable broth and wine. Once the liquid is boiling, add the chopped kale. Stir the kale until it is wilted. Cover the pan, leaving a little room for steam to escape, and lower the heat. Simmer for 5-7 minutes. Taste and adjust the salt, serve immediately,.