I haven't made this yet..but it sounded so good, I just had to post. Points...5.
Make and share this Braised Scallops With Grapefruit & Walnuts recipe from Food.com.
- Cut both ends from one of the grapefruits just to the flesh.
- Set it upright on the chopping board and use the knife to cut away the peel and skin, following the curve of the fruit.
- Holding the peeled grapefruit in your hand, slide the knife blade down one side of a section, cutting it from the membrane.
- Cut down the other side of the section and remove it.
- (Work over a bowl to catch the sections and juice.).
- Continue for the remaining sections, turning back flaps of membrane like the pages of a book.
- Squeeze the juice from the second grapefruit and combine it with any juice from the first.
- Alternatively, you can seed and section a hand-peeled grapefruit, but the membranes will be tough and the pith bitter.
- Lightly coat the scallops in seasoned flour, patting to remove the excess.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet, preferably nonstick.
- When the oil is very hot, add the scallops and cook over medium heat until browned, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer the scallops to a plate and set aside.
- Add the grapefruit juice to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the walnuts, then add the scallops and grapefruit sections to the pan and simmer gently until the scallops are cooked to taste, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Arrange the scallops, grapefruit and sauce on individual plates, sprinkle with chives and serve.