Prep 13 mins
Cook 30 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, Steffen's Mom's German recipe, from steffensdinners.com. Takes about 20 minutes of pressure cooking. If the canned sauerkraut is very salty, soak for 2-3 hours in water. Change the soaking water every hour.
- Set the pressure cooker over medium heat.
- Add butter and bacon. Cook bacon for 2-3 minutes.
- Add caraway seeds and onions. Cook until onions have softened, do not brown them.
- Add drained sauerkraut. Stir to coat with the fat. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add white wine.
- Put on lid, bring up to high pressure, then adjust to just maintain high pressure. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand until cooker has depressurized naturally.
- Serve immediately or let cool down, refrigerate and reheat before serving. Steffen says it is even better reheated.