Entered for safe-keeping, Steffen's Mom's German recipe, from steffensdinners.com. Takes about 20 minutes of pressure cooking. If the canned sauerkraut is very salty, soak for 2-3 hours in water. Change the soaking water every hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set the pressure cooker over medium heat.
- 2Add butter and bacon. Cook bacon for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add caraway seeds and onions. Cook until onions have softened, do not brown them.
- 4Add drained sauerkraut. Stir to coat with the fat. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add white wine.
- 6Put on lid, bring up to high pressure, then adjust to just maintain high pressure. Cook for 15 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat. Let stand until cooker has depressurized naturally.
- 8Serve immediately or let cool down, refrigerate and reheat before serving. Steffen says it is even better reheated.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Sauerkraut - Pressure Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.7
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.4 mg
- Sodium 1563.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g