Braised Salmon With Soy and Ginger
- Cut the salmon into 1" squares.
- Heat the olive oil in a 12" nonstick pan over medium-high heat and add the salmon cubes and ginger.
- Sear together for about 1 minute, then pour the mirin, soy sauce, and vodka over the salmon.
- Turn the heat to medium and cook for about 3 minutes, until the fish turns pale.
- Add the butter and turn off the heat.
- Spoon the salmon onto a serving plate and top with the scallion and cilantro.
- * Mirin is a Japanese condiment that's available in the ethnic-food sections of most supermarkets.