Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Looking for a change? Consider this fast to make (and on the healthy side) salmon recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup whole roasted almonds
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained and mashed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless salmon fillet
- 3⁄4 lb linguine (optional)
- Finely grind the almonds.
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Stir in the almonds, the onion, cilantro, garlic, anchovies and cayenne and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the salmon to the skillet and spoon some of the almond mixture on top.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Cover the salmon and cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to moderately low and cook until the salmon is just opaque throughout, 8 to 10 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, (if using the pasta) in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine until al dente; drain and transfer to a serving platter. Spoon the almond sauce and salmon on top and serve at once.
This was really good but I didn't think there was enough onion or cilantro. I used a small onion for this and I wished I used a bigger one. I did love the ancovies and the garlic cloves that was a really nice touch to it.