Recipe by jackiy
This is a very simple recipe that our family has been making for over 100 years starting with my Great Grandmother. I have changed a few things to make it easier. It has a robust flavor and is delicious.
- 2 lbs round steaks
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 regular size beer (any type)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning, blend (I use Morton Nature's Seasoning)
- black pepper
- add fresh herbs of your choice if desired. i sometimes use fresh oregano and thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut round steak into serving size pieces.
- Brown cut up round steak and then add add all other ingredients.
- Simmer about 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. I sometimes add cut up potatoes in the last 45 minutes. You will have delicious gravy. If you want the gravy thicker use potato buds to thicken. It works great.