1/2 Photos of Braised Red Onions
I love this recipe with a steak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the onions in half through the root then into slices cutting through the root again.
- 2Put them into a pan with the oil and cook gently for 7 minutes stirring occasionally, until they start to soften.
- 3Pour in the wine add the fennel seeds sugar salt and pepper.
- 4Partially cover with a lid and cook gently for approx 10 minutes.
- 5They should be tender and most of the liquid evaporated.
- 6Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Red Onions
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 75.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g