Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My friend and I went for a bar lunch one day and this was a side dish. I did try to get the recipe from the chef, but he just would not be coaxed into giving me it. So here is my effort and I think it tastes just like it. You can add more cinnamon if you wish. You can serve this with lots of different dishes it goes well with most things.
- Wash and chop quite finely the red cabbage.
- Heat a large pan on the stove top and melt the butter being careful not to burn it.
- Add the cabbage and fry in the butter till soft.
- Add the vinegar and mix well.
- Then sprinkle the cinnamon all over and mix.
A great side for bean burritos! I made as written, but also felt like Debbwl that it needed a bit more cinnamon and vinegar for my taste. Also added a dash of salt and a splash of broth.
What a nice simple side. The addition of cinnamon to a simple sautéed cabbage is delightful. Made as written and found the subtle flavors nice, next time may increase both the cinnamon and the red wine vinegar by just a tad. Thanks for the post.