Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Super Food Ideas, posting here in preparation to make when we pick our red cabbages in a few weeks or so.
- 25 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 red cabbage (mini 800 grams)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup peas (frozen)
- flat leaf parsley (chopped to serve)
- Cut red cabbage into 8 wedges leaviong core attached so it remains intact during cooking.
- Melt butter in large frypan over medium-high heat and add garlic, then cabbage and cook, turning, for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and reduce heat to low and simmer covered, for 3 minutes and then add peas and simmer covered, for a further 3 minutes or until cabbage and peas are tender.
- Top with parsley and serve.
What a pretty and colorful veggie dish! I made this as written, adding just a little extra garlic. You need to use a good quality chicken broth for this, otherwise you'll need to add extra seasonings. I enjoyed this very much. Thanx for sharing!
This is a great and easy way to fix cabbage! The addition of the peas was a pleasant surprise - went great in this dish. Thanks for posting this recipe!