1/2 Photos of Braised Radishes
Baby Kato's Note:
A new and exciting way to get your loved ones to eat radishes. Even the pickiest eaters will enjoy radishes prepared this way. I know, I was one and I have been converted. Braising tenderizes and mellows the peppery taste of the radish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and trim radishes, if large cut them in half.
- 2Add radishes to a deep pan, add enough water to cover them.
- 3Add the butter, olive oil, sugar and salt.
- 4Cover and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, covered for 12 minutes. (radishes should be tender and the liquid reduced to a glaze)
- 6If the radishes are cooked before the liquid has reduced then remove the radishes and cook liquid, uncovered until it thickens to a glaze.
- 7Toss the radishes in the glaze, sprinkle with the pepper and parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Radishes
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.2
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 323.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 0.2 g