Braised Rabbit With Wild Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large, heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium heat; add in the rabbit pieces (in batches, if necessary), brown on all sides, and transfer to a plate.
- Add in the onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook/stir, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the wine and continue cooking until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes, beef broth, tarragon, and chevril; season with salt and pepper; bring to a boil, and let boil until the sauce begins to thicken, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Arrange rabbit pieces in a large, greased baking dish, pour the sauce over the top; cover and bake until the rabbit is fork tender and the sauce nicely thickened, 30-35 minutes.