Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A traditional Buddhist vegetarian dish, originate from the South.
- 2 cups peeled and cubed pumpkin (3/4-inch cubes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk, thinned with 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups sweet potatoes or 2 cups taro root
- 1⁄2 cup wood ear mushrooms
- 1⁄4 thick coconut cream (Asian stores)
- 1⁄2 cup raw peanuts, soaked in warm water
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green zucchini
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Place pumpkin and thinned coconut milk in a deep pan, bring to oil and cook until pumpkin is half done (about 10 minutes).
- Add sweet potato and wood ear mushrooms, reduce heat and simmer until nearly done.
- Add thick coconut cream, peanuts and zucchini, bring to boil again.
- Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and sugar, serve hot with cilantro.