Recipe by Chef Kiddle
I got this from one of my cookbooks here at home. It is a good side dish to go with meat.
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs large red potatoes, cut in pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut in pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (Zinfindel)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saute pan, heat 4 tablespoons of the oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes and carrots. Cook until browned, about 10 minutes. Add the onion and cook another 5 minutes. Add the garlic and the remaining oil. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the sage, rosemary, and thyme. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the wine and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered for about 8 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking about 4 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the liquid has thickened enough to coat the vegetables.
- (If you need to, you can add more water or wine to coat the vegetables. **Also, I always grind up my rosemary into a powder because I don't like little twigs in my food! HA!).