Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found in an old magazine. This is a great recipe - that is a terrific side or a meal in itself. To re-heat, don't microwave, but reheat in the frypan after cooking meat, etc., so that it picks up some of the flavours. This is also great when made part of scrambled eggs!
- 3 large potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 thinly sliced onions
- 25 g butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup frozen vegetables (mixed frozen veges are great in this!)
- 250 g diced bacon or 250 g bacon, pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt & pepper
- whole grain mustard
- Cut potatoes into 5mm thick slices.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan. Add onions and bacon & cook, stirring until onions are golden brown & bacon is cooked. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil and butter in the same pan. Add potatoes & cook, turning occasionally until browned all over. Remove from pan.
- Drain oil mixture from pan. Return potatoes & onions to the pan with garlic and stock.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in frozen vegetables and mushrooms and cook, covered, for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley & season with salt & pepper.
- Serve with grain mustard.