Found in an old magazine. This is a great recipe - that is a terrific side or a meal in itself. To re-heat, don't microwave, but reheat in the frypan after cooking meat, etc., so that it picks up some of the flavours. This is also great when made part of scrambled eggs!
My Private Note
as a si ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 thinly sliced onions
- 25 g butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup frozen vegetables (mixed frozen veges are great in this!)
- 250 g diced bacon or 250 g bacon, pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt & pepper
- whole grain mustard
- 1Cut potatoes into 5mm thick slices.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large frying pan. Add onions and bacon & cook, stirring until onions are golden brown & bacon is cooked. Remove from pan.
- 3Heat remaining oil and butter in the same pan. Add potatoes & cook, turning occasionally until browned all over. Remove from pan.
- 4Drain oil mixture from pan. Return potatoes & onions to the pan with garlic and stock.
- 5Bring to the boil and then simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- 6Stir in frozen vegetables and mushrooms and cook, covered, for a further 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in parsley & season with salt & pepper.
- 8Serve with grain mustard.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (1982 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.5
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 57.6 mg
- Sodium 662.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: