Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
163 Best Paleo Slow Cooker Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 lbs boneless pork, trimmed
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice, coarsely chopped
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium high heat. Add pork and brown on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining butter to the pan. Add onions, carrots and parsnips and cook, stirring, until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme, pepper and salt and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine, bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan. Add tomatoes with juice and bring to a boil.
- Transfer to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, until meat is very tender.