Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook6 hrs 30 mins
Another slow-cooker recipe from BH & G, Diabetes, Eat What You Love magazine. 297 cal., 6 grams fat. Use your discretion on cooking times based upon your slow cooker.
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped (1 1/3 cups)
- 1 (16 ounce) jargreen salsa verde
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- fresh cilantro leaves
- In a 3 1/2 -4 quart slow cooker place onion and pork. Top with tomatoes, salsa, broth, garlic cumin and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 - 6 1/2 hours or on high heat for 3 hours. Serve with hot cooked brown rice and top each serving with cilantro.