1/1 Photo of Braised Pork Shoulder With Onions
3 hrs 20 mins
Great recipe from Ricardo. With the leftovers you can do Braised Pork Macaroni Casserole
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- 2In a large ovenproof pan, brown the meat in 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- 3In the same pan, gently brown the onions in the remaining oil until well caramelized. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the flour and stir to combine. Add the wine and bring to a boil.
- 4Return the meat to the pan and add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and braise in the oven for 2 hours. Remove the lid and continue cooking for about 1 hour or until the meat falls easily with a fork.
- 5Serve with a green vegetable and mashed potatoes.
- 6Reserve half of the meat and sauce to the Braised Pork Macaroni Casserole.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Pork Shoulder With Onions
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 772.2
- Calories from Fat 499
- Total Fat 55.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 161.1 mg
- Sodium 338.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 39.6 g