Recipe by Boomette
Great recipe from Ricardo. With the leftovers you can do Braised Pork Macaroni Casserole
- 4 lbs boneless pork shoulder, not tied
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 large Spanish onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 cups white wine or 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a large ovenproof pan, brown the meat in 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, gently brown the onions in the remaining oil until well caramelized. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the flour and stir to combine. Add the wine and bring to a boil.
- Return the meat to the pan and add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and braise in the oven for 2 hours. Remove the lid and continue cooking for about 1 hour or until the meat falls easily with a fork.
- Serve with a green vegetable and mashed potatoes.
- Reserve half of the meat and sauce to the Braised Pork Macaroni Casserole.