Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm just trying this recipe today and am posting so I won't lose it. I cut it out of the Pitt Post Gazette. So far the few tastes I've tried the sauerkraut is very good and for me that is great because I don't care for it.
- Heat oil in dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Brown on all sides in oil and transfer to plate.
- Melt butter in same pan. Add onions and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the brown sugar; cook stirring until onions begin to caramelize, another 4 minutes.
- Add the mustard and sauerkraut; stir until combined and then pour in the broths. Bring to a boil stirring to loosen any browned bits in the pan.
- Return the meat to pan. Cover and reduce heat and simmer until meat is tender, about 3-4 hours.
- Remove the meat from the pan and cover loosely with foil. Bring the sauerkraut to a boil and reduce the liquid by half.
- Carve the meat and serve with the sauerkraut.
- Serves 10.