3 hrs 30 mins
memaw #2's Note:
I'm just trying this recipe today and am posting so I won't lose it. I cut it out of the Pitt Post Gazette. So far the few tastes I've tried the sauerkraut is very good and for me that is great because I don't care for it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in dutch oven over medium high heat.
- 2Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Brown on all sides in oil and transfer to plate.
- 3Melt butter in same pan. Add onions and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the brown sugar; cook stirring until onions begin to caramelize, another 4 minutes.
- 4Add the mustard and sauerkraut; stir until combined and then pour in the broths. Bring to a boil stirring to loosen any browned bits in the pan.
- 5Return the meat to pan. Cover and reduce heat and simmer until meat is tender, about 3-4 hours.
- 6Remove the meat from the pan and cover loosely with foil. Bring the sauerkraut to a boil and reduce the liquid by half.
- 7Carve the meat and serve with the sauerkraut.
- 8Serves 10.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Pork Loin With Sauerkraut and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.9
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 138.7 mg
- Sodium 1942.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 39.1 g