Recipe by *axxo*
If you like pork, you will LOVE this recipe. As unusual as this recipe may sound it is absolutely delicious. I like to serve this with tiny steamed potatoes and peas and mushrooms. Truly yummy!
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs boneless pork loin
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim excess fat from pork.
- Rub with 2 T olive oil, rosemary, pepper and garlic.
- Marinate at least 2 hours at room temperature or 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- In a Dutch-oven heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil Add pork and brown well on all sides Reduce heat to very low.
- Add milk and vinegar, At this point it will look truly gross, that's ok, it's supposed to look this way.
- Cover and cook, turning once or twice, until tender but not falling apart, 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove meat to a carving board, tent with foil.
- If the liquid in pan has not turned brown, raise heat a little and cook until thickened and light brown, whisk in a couple of tablespoons of water, scraping up all the residue, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Carve pork into thin slices and pour sauce over it to serve.