1/1 Photo of Braised Pork Chops With Onions and Rosemary
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe comes from one of my favorite all purpose cookbooks The New DoubleDay Cookbook. Using the seasoned flour to dredge your chops will thicken the juices so that you'll have a nice gravy for your potatoes when the chops are done.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Dredge chops by shaking in a paper bag with flour, salt, and pepper.
- 3Melt butter in a heavy Dutch oven or large oven proof frying pan over moderately high heat and brown chops well on both sides, about 8-10 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Remove chops to pour in vermouth and water and scrape up any bits from bottom of pan.
- 6Put chops back in pan and pan back on heat source and lay onion slices over chops.
- 7Top with rosemary sprigs (if using dried rosemary, sprinkle evenly over all).
- 8Cover and bake 1 hour or until chops are tender (or cover and simmer on top of stove on low heat for about 45 minutes to an hour).
- 9Remove herb sprigs and serve, topping each portion with onions and a generous ladling of pan juices.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Pork Chops With Onions and Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.0
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.4 mg
- Sodium 660.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 20.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: