Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tasty, quick 'n easy, and the chops stay moist . . . 'nuff said.
Make and share this Braised Pork Chops With Creamy Mustard Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Season chops with 1/4 tsp thyme, salt and pepper (both sides).
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; add chops and brown well on one side before turning over to brown the other side.
- After turning, scatter onion in skillet around the pork, and stirring them to coat with the oil.
- Once the chops are thoroughly browned, reduce heat to medium-low; add orange juice, water, and remaining 1/2 tsp thyme to the skillet.
- Bring to a simmer and cover, cooking at a slow simmer for 15 minutes (if you find that your liquid is reducing too quickly, adjust your temperature a bit downward, and add an additional tablespoon water if needed).
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream (or yogurt) with the mustard in a small bowl and set aside.
- After the 15 minutes simmer time, remove the cover from the skillet and continue simmering until most but not all of the liquid has evaporated (about 5 minutes).
- Remove the chops (but not the onions) to serving dishes and remove the skillet from the heat.
- Stir the sour cream/mustard mixture in to the skillet; reduce heat to very low and return to stove.
- Heat just until the sauce is warmed, stirring all the while and never allowing to boil (just a minute or so).
- Top chops with sauce and serve.
Good, clear instructions for an easy to prepare, delicious dish. I used sour cream in my mixture and lots of onions and got a very generous amount of saucy caramelized onions for the 2 servings. Real comfort food. The chops were nicely done. Thanks!
quick, easy and good,i liked the orange dijon flavors. the chops were a bit tough for us, i did make 4, but i doubled the rest of the ingredients, and served the extra sauce over the mashed potatoes.