1 hr 15 mins
Chef Hamturo's Note:
British origins to this recipe. The Apples and onions get steamed on top of the cooking chops in a pan and the apples turn into a soft, almost apple sauce. The chops are tender flavored with apple and onions and you get a little au jus. I've not found another online like this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1season the chops well with salt and pepper.
- 2Peel and core apples and cut into wedges.
- 3Peel onions and separate into rings.
- 4Melt butter in frying pan and sear the meat on both sides.
- 5add the water with the worcestershire sauce, cover and cook 10 minute on medium high heat.
- 6Turn chops over, add apple and onions. reduce heat, cover and cook for a further 30 minute on medium low heat.
- 7garnish with parsley and serve with creamed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Pork Chops With Apples and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.3
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 150.6 mg
- Sodium 185.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 42.1 g