Recipe by Chef Hamturo
British origins to this recipe. The Apples and onions get steamed on top of the cooking chops in a pan and the apples turn into a soft, almost apple sauce. The chops are tender flavored with apple and onions and you get a little au jus. I've not found another online like this one.
- 4 pork chops
- 2 apples
- 2 onions
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 25 g butter
- 90 ml water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- season the chops well with salt and pepper.
- Peel and core apples and cut into wedges.
- Peel onions and separate into rings.
- Melt butter in frying pan and sear the meat on both sides.
- add the water with the worcestershire sauce, cover and cook 10 minute on medium high heat.
- Turn chops over, add apple and onions. reduce heat, cover and cook for a further 30 minute on medium low heat.
- garnish with parsley and serve with creamed potatoes.