Recipe by Sackville
A recipe from Montreal and published in the Laura Secord book of Canadian cooking.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 4 thick pork chops
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour and water to make a smooth paste.
- In a frying pan, add the pork chops, water and onion and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove chops from the pan. Add the flour paste into the stock and cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Return the meat to the sauce along with the seasoning.
- Cook, covered, over a low heat for 1-1/2 hours or until the chops are tender.